Small Business Formation and Contracts
It’s what we do.
We don’t do employment law, HR, or large/corporate business, but we can help you find a great attorney who does.
Business formation typically involves legally forming the entity on the state level, obtaining an EIN from the IRS, and preparing a set of initial business documents.
Depending on the type of entity, initial documents could be:
- Articles (of organization or incorporation)
- Operating Agreement
- Shareholder Agreement
- a set of initial Minutes
This process will typically last 1-2 weeks and consists of
- an initial consultation, after which
- you provide the necessary details (name, address(es), etc.),
- we form the business and prepare the necessary initial documentation
Whether you need one or are being asked to sign one, we prepare and review all types of contracts, including but not limited to:
- service agreements
- independent contractor agreements
- employment agreements
- liability waivers
- non-disclosure (NDA)
- confidentiality agreements
Business changing hands?
We also prepare documents to facilitate the purchase or sale of a business. Thinking about buying or selling a business and don’t know where to start? We are here to help. After an initial consultation we should be able to give you our recommendation and an estimate of any fees related thereto.